- SAP HANA
- Features of SAP HANA
- Advantages and Disadvantages of SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Architecture
- SAP HANA Use Cases
- SAP Hana Installation
- SAP Hana Studio
- SAP HANA Studio Administration Console
- How to Use SAP HANA System Monitor
- How to Use SAP HANA on Azure
- SAP HANA Modeling – Attributes, Measures, Privileges, Modeling Objects
- Data Warehousing in SAP HANA – Components, Methods, Working & Benefits
- SAP HANA Attribute View – Create Attribute View in 9 Easy Steps
- SAP HANA Analytic View
- SAP HANA Calculation View
- Tables in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Packages
- Schema in SAP HANA
- How to Create Analytic Privileges in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Information Composer
- Import and Export in SAP HANA
- Major Components of SAP HANA
- Reporting in SAP HANA
- SAP Bussiness Objects Reporting Tool
- create relational connection in sap hana in 8 steps/
- steps to create olap connection in sap hana/
- How to Connect SAP Lumira with SAP HANA
- Connect Dashboard Designer to SAP HANA & Create Stunning Dashboards
- How to Connect Web Intelligence to SAP HANA in 4 Ways – Seamless Process
- Replication Modes and Types in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Sidecar Scenario
- SAP HANA Security Guide
- SAP HANA License Management
- Difference between SAP HANA vs SAP S/4 HANA
- What is SAP S/4 HANA?
- S/4HANA Editions
- SAP S/4HANA Lines of Business
- >SAP S/4HANA Deployment Options
- >SAP S/4HANA Overview
- >Introduction of SAP ABAP
- >Overview of SAP ABAP
- >SAP R3 ARCHITECTURE
- >SAP Data Dictionary
- >SAP ABAB Views
- >SAP ABAB database Tables
Top 30 SAP ABAP Interview Questions and Answers
Q1: What is SAP ABAP?
SAP is a software type, also known as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). It is used by large companies to manage their daily affairs. The term ABAP means Advanced Business Application Programming. It is the coding language for SAP. It is used to develop RICEFW (Reports, Interfaces, Extensions, Forms, and Workflows) objects. It is a 4th generation programming language used to create an application for the SAP R/3 system. Those applications are run in SAP that has written by using ABAP/4.
Q2: Name the different ABAP editors? What are its uses?
SE38 and SE80 are the two different ABAP editors where SE38 is used to establish the program. Additionally, it is used to view online reports, and also it helps to perform all the development of objects belonging to this editor.
SE80 supports additional features like function group, creating packages, module pool, programs, and classes.
Q3: Which data classes are used in ABAP?
Data classes are used in ABAP programming; accordingly, the data type such as:
- Transaction data: It is the data that can change frequently.
- Master data: It is the data that can change slowly.
- System data: It is the data that is needed by the R/3 system for itself.
- Organization data: It is the data that is entered in the system when it becomes configured, and after, it over time changed.
Q4: How can we access ABAP Web Dynpro workbench? Name its object list and also component?
When we need to access WD or Web Dynpro graphical tools or runtime environment in ABAP workbench, we have to use Transaction code: SE80. Moreover, the object list that we can use;
- Dynpro Component
- Web Dynpro application
Q5: What do you mean by Web Dynpro, and how can you use it?
SAP AG develops web Dynpro. It is the SAP standard user interface technology. It is used to create web-based applications in the SAP ABAP environment by utilizing SAP development concepts and techniques. WD offers a front-end web user interface in connecting straightforwardly to backend SAP R/3 systems to retrieve data and also functions for reporting. WD for ABAP has a graphical development environment and a runtime environment with particular development tools that are combined in the ABAP Workbench.
Q6: What are the advantages of using Web Dynpro?
There are different benefits of using web Dynpro such as;
- It offers easy structure changes.
- It offers easy changing of layout and navigation with graphical tools.
- It offers easy integration in the ABAP environment.
- It offers flawlessly maintaining and refusing components for development.
- It offers automatic data transport with the use of data binding.
Q7: What is the meaning of the ABAP data dictionary?
ABAP is used in application development to specify the logical structure of the objects. It is also used to reveal the underlying relational database in tables.
Q8: What do you mean MVC programming model in Web Dynpro?
WD applications are dependent upon on MVC model, whereas;
- Model: It is used to retrieve the back-end data in a WD application.
- View: It is used to provide the representation of data in a web browser.
- Controller: Controller is used to controlling communication between the model and view wherein the controller takes input from users and takes the processes data from the model and exhibits it in the browser.
Q9: What do you mean by the data classes in ABAP?
A data class means a class that has only fields and crude methods to access them. They are considered as the only containers for data that are used by other classes. Kindly note that these classes don’t have any more functionality, and even these cannot individually run on the data that they own.
Q10: What is the difference between pool tables and transparent tables?
- Transparent tables: When the tables have one-to-one relation with the tables available in the database, it is known as transparent tables. Its structure relates to a single database field.
- Pooled tables: When the tables have one relation with the tables available in the database, it is known as pooled tables and is stored at the database level.
Q11: What is BDC programming?
Batch Data Communications (BDC) is a process to transfer external data into the SAP system. We use a queue file as the central component to transfer that gets the data via batch groups or programs that are related to sessions.
Q12: How is it possible to create a ‘table cluster’ in ABAP?
When we want to create a table cluster in ABAP, then we have to follow some steps such as;
- First, we open the ABAP dictionary, and then choose the object type table and add a table name and also choose to create.
- Then, a field maintenance screen for the table will be shown. Kindly note that the table type transparent table will set as default.
- Now make the essential entries in the short description and also delivery classified on the Attributes page. After then, we can specify the fields of the table. When a transparent table is created, then we can proceed. And also, at the time, we can save our entries.
- Now select on the EXTRAS Change table category, and when a dialogue box comes, then choose the table type with the name Cluster table or Pooled table. Now go back to the field maintenance screen for the table.
- Cluster name or field pool will be displayed on the Attributes tab page apart from the standard fields. Lastly, write the name of the table pool or table cluster to where we want to specify the cluster table.
Q13.What do you mean by foreign key relationships in SAP ABAP?
Foreign keys are needed to offering the consistency of data. These are used to define the relationship between the table in the ABAP data dictionary. These keys are also used to establish value checks for the input fields. Moreover, data entered in it must be analyzed against the previous data to make sure that there should not have any contradiction. If so happens, then it should be defined in the foreign key relationship. Also, to create foreign keys, we should use the SE11 SAP transaction code.
Q14. What do you mean by internal tables?
When a program is executed, only then internal tables can exist. These can only be used on a subset of database tables to perform table calculations. These can also be reorganized the content of the database tables; accordingly, the needs of the users.
Q15. Which functional modules are used in sequence in BDC?
Only three functional modules are used in sequence in BDC to make the data transfer flawlessly. These are;
Q16: What are Smart Forms in SAP ABAP?
SAP ABAP Smart Forms are used to establish and maintain forms in case of mass printing in SAP Systems by using a graphical design tool. The output medium that is used in SAP smart forms is fax, printer, e-mail, etc. Kindly note that Smart forms are introduced in 1998 to overcome the barriers of SAP script.
Q17. Name the components of SAP scripts?
SAP scripts in SAP ABAP are a word processing tool that can function like a layout set that has paragraph formats, windows, and pages, character formats, etc.
Q18: What is the difference between table and structure in the data dictionary in SAP ABAP?
The basic differences between table and structure in SAP ABAP are;
- We can store the data physically in tables while this is not possible in a structure.
- We can have the technical attribute in a table. However, it is not feasible in a structure.
- The table has a primary key, while a structure doesn’t have.
Q19.What is the difference between Template and Table in SAP ABAP?
The table is dynamic, while the template is static in SAP ABAP.
Q20. How can the data be formated before writing a statement in the report in the SAP ABAP?
With the assistance of the loop event, the reports output can be generated as
Q21. What is the difference between ABAP and OOABAP? When is OOABAP used?
When there is a need to create traditional programs in R/3, then ABAP is used while creating BSP/PCUI applications, OOABAP is used.
Q22. What do you mean by ALV programming in SAP ABAP? How can you use this grid on it?
Application List Viewer or ALV is used to improve the output of the report. With SAP, it is possible to avail of a set of ALV function modules that are used or for improving the readability or functionality of any report output. ALV is a relevant tool used to arrange the columns in the report output.
Q23. How can you use End-of-selection in SAP ABAP?
To write HR-ABAP code in SAP ABAP, we use the end of the selection event. Moreover, HR-ABAP code is used to read the data while starting the selection event and also printing on the list. Also, all will be done at the end of the selection event.
Q24. How can you differentiate between ‘Type’ and ‘Like’?
When a data type is directly assigned to the data object while declaring, it means ‘TYPE,’ while when a data type is applied to another object while declaring data object, it implies ‘LIKE.’
Type is concerned with the existing data type while Like is concerned with the existing data object.
Q25. What do you mean by table buffer? Which type of tables is used in this buffer?
In SAP ABAP, table buffering is a concept in ABAP tables used to improve the performance from 10 to 100 times and decline the time of processing of the table. The fact, a buffer is used as an interface between the application layer and the database layer.
Pool tables and transparent tables are used in buffer. Moreover, the cluster table can’t be buffered.
Q26. Which different scenarios can use to create interactive forms in Web Dynpro in SAP ABAP?
Basically, there are four different scenarios that we can use to create interactive forms in Web Dynpro in SAP ABAP:
- Print Scenario
- Offline Scenario
- Interactive Scenario
- Using digital signature
Q27. How can the use of messages be done in Web Dynpro in SAP ABAP?
In ABAP Workbench, it is possible to create and reveal messages that have information for end-users of Dynpro applications. We can also see those messages on the screen. Moreover, these are user interactive message that shows essential messages or information about web Dynpro application.
Q28: Name the different database Integrities?
- Semantic Integrity
- Value Set Integrity
- Primary Key Integrity
- Foreign Key Integrity
- Relational Integrity
- Operational Integrity
Q29. Which two methods of modifying SAP standard tables have?
Append structures, and Customizing include are two different methods of modifying SAP standard tables.
Q30: Name the different types of parameters? How are these different from other kinds of parameters?
Formal parameters and Actual parameters are two different types of parameters. Formal parameters are used to define while defining subroutine with the ‘form’ statement, while Actual parameters are used to define the call of a subroutine with the ‘perform’ statement.
It is possible to differentiate the other kinds of parameters by their functionality. When I need to pass data from the subroutine, then output parameters are used while to pass data to subroutines, then input parameters are used.