Software Testing Tutorial
- Introduction to Software Testing
- Principles of Software Testing
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Levels of Testing
- Database Testing
- Ad-hoc Testing
- Testing Types
- Test Closure Report Preparation
- Test Report Preparation
- ISTQB Organization and Certification Overviews
- JIRA Interview Questions and Answers
- Applications of Jira
- Installation of Jira
- Kanban Board In Jira
- Kanban Tool
- Jira Scrum Board/
- Difference Between Scrum Board Vs Kanban Board
- JIRA Bug Life Cycle
- JIRA Versions
- JIRA Workflow
- JIRA Dashboard
- Sprint in JIRA
- JIRA Epic
- Backlog in JIRA
- JIRA Testing Tool
- Difference between JIRA and Bugzilla
- INSTALLATION OF TENSORFLOW
JIRA Testing Tool
Jira is a type of issue tracking tool developed by the Atlassiancompany that is Australia based organization. The Jira testing tool is mainly used for tracking the bugs, tracking issues and also used for the project management activities. It is mainly used for finding the bugs in mobile applications and software. The dashboard of Jira tools offers various features and functions to its users that can be used for finding the bugs. It is used for group projects as the managerial work and activities can be easier using the Jira testing tool.
What is Jira Testing tool
The Jira testing tool is mainly used for tracking the software activities and also to track and plan the activities related to projects. The Jira platform is beneficial when the project uses the agile methodology in the development. Using this tool the workflows can be customized and group activities can be performed better and software can be developed easily using this platform. The main reason for the development of Jira testing tool is for testing software that uses agile methodology.
The agile methodology is used in many projects so that the development time of the project can be reduced. The agile projects use nonstop testing, constant joining for the project activities. The Jira tool was developed in the year 2003 that is developed for track the bugs to improve the software. The software can be improved by proper planning the project activities and track the project activities. The Jira is not an open-source tool and user need to take monthly subscription for using the services offered by the tool.
The Jira testing tool is mainly used by the development teams, support teams and other department teams to manage the project activities. The QA teams uses the Jira testing tool widely as the bugs can be easily tracked using this tool and also helps to maintain proper bug tracking environment and solve issues. The industry that works related to testing widely use this tool in their project testing.
There are basically three concepts of the Jira tool that includes issue, project and workflow. The bugs, task or any type of enhancement request which can be generated or that can be track is defined as issue. The other features related to issues are issue types, screens, workflow, issue attributes and fields. The group of issues is known as project. The workflow is defined as a collection of steps that goes from the starting phase to completion phase. The complete cycle is known as workflow. The issues that is first generated is the first one to get processed and then complete the issue to get into closing phase. The items that are created in the tool can be displayed and can also be tracked using the Jira testing tool.
Features of Jira Testing Tool
Given below are some of the fascinating features:
- The Jira testing tool uses the MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and SQL as the backend server technology for tracking the bugs and issues in testing tool.
- The other feature is the flexibility and integration with other platforms. It can be incorporated with other tools like Mercury, GIT, Subversion, Clearcase, team foundation, concurrent version type system and other platforms.
- The other feature is the capability of incident management and manage the project management activities.
- The other feature is compatibility with other operating systems. It is defined as stage free type tool that means it can integrated with multiple operating system like Linux, windows and many more.
- The Jira testing tool supports many language like English, German, Spanish, French and many more. Support of multiple language creates more user opportunity for the tool.
Uses of Jira Testing Tool
There are numerous uses, few are mentioned below:
The Jira testing tool is mainly used for finding the bugs present in the software and catch that bugs for further processing. Once the bug is identified in the software, the further processing is done on the bug that include finding every possible detail related to bug, level of seriousness, version, screenshot and other related details of bug. The bug can be related to anything that requires to solve them to make the software bug free.
Organize and Allocate
When the tool identifies the bugs in the software, the next task is to allocate the seriousness level and organize the issue according to effect and assigned in critical bug group. The organizing of bugs is important as the bugs having higher priority needs to be solved first. This will make the software better and will produce better results.
Track Bugs and Solve
As the bugs are allocated a group, the next job for QA team is to select a procedure to solve the bugs. The issues that are raised are displayed on the Jira dashboard that helps to aware the team about current issues and bugs present in the software. By this the team will have the knowledge to solve the process and allocate the resources to enhance the issue and make them solve.
When the bugs are caught in the software, it can be immediately raised and can be displayed in the dashboard of the tool. By this the target can be set for employee to solve the bug immediately. And when one bug is solved and if another bug is raised it can be immediately forward to other employee so that it can be take care off.