- SAP HANA
- Features of SAP HANA
- Advantages and Disadvantages of SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Architecture
- SAP HANA Use Cases
- SAP Hana Installation
- SAP Hana Studio
- SAP HANA Studio Administration Console
- How to Use SAP HANA System Monitor
- How to Use SAP HANA on Azure
- SAP HANA Modeling – Attributes, Measures, Privileges, Modeling Objects
- Data Warehousing in SAP HANA – Components, Methods, Working & Benefits
- SAP HANA Attribute View – Create Attribute View in 9 Easy Steps
- SAP HANA Analytic View
- SAP HANA Calculation View
- Tables in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Packages
- Schema in SAP HANA
- How to Create Analytic Privileges in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Information Composer
- Import and Export in SAP HANA
- Major Components of SAP HANA
- Reporting in SAP HANA
- SAP Bussiness Objects Reporting Tool
- create relational connection in sap hana in 8 steps/
- steps to create olap connection in sap hana/
- How to Connect SAP Lumira with SAP HANA
- Connect Dashboard Designer to SAP HANA & Create Stunning Dashboards
- How to Connect Web Intelligence to SAP HANA in 4 Ways – Seamless Process
- Replication Modes and Types in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Sidecar Scenario
- SAP HANA Security Guide
- SAP HANA License Management
- Difference between SAP HANA vs SAP S/4 HANA
- What is SAP S/4 HANA?
- S/4HANA Editions
- SAP S/4HANA Lines of Business
- >SAP S/4HANA Deployment Options
- >SAP S/4HANA Overview
- >Introduction of SAP ABAP
- >Overview of SAP ABAP
- >SAP R3 ARCHITECTURE
- >SAP Data Dictionary
- >SAP ABAB Views
- >SAP ABAB database Tables
SAP Hana Studio
What is SAP HANA Studio?
SAP HANA Studio is a tool which acts as an interface for SAP HANA users from where they can administer data, develop applications and design data models. Here, you can manage databases, create as well as administer SAP HANA user authorizations, or you can create/modify data models.
SAP HANA Studio is an Eclipse plug-in and so, is known as an Eclipse-based tool. It serves two primary purposes, i.e. it is a central development environment known as an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and is also an administration tool for both remote and local HANA systems. Also, it is a client tool which users on the client’s end user to manipulate and manage data and applications deployed both locally and in a remote set up.
Supported Platforms for SAP HANA Studio
The SAP HANA Studio is supported by various kinds of platforms as given below.
- Microsoft Windows x32 and x64 versions of – Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server SLES 11 (x86 64-bit version).
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.5
- Mac OS 10.9 or higher
Features of SAP HANA Studio
While you install or update SAP HANA Studio, you get to select a set of features specific to the purpose of your use of SAP HANA Studio. Here, the repository is divided into two parts i.e. a core features part and additional features of SAP HANA Studio. The features are listed below and the additional features can be downloaded from the SAP Download Center, where all the Studio updates are available.
There are three core features available to select from,
SAP HANA Studio Administration
This feature has tools for several administrative tasks. It also provides troubleshooting tools like the catalogue browser, tracing, and SQL Console etc.
SAP HANA Studio Database Development
It includes tools for database and content development. The tools are DataMarts, ABAP etc.
SAP HANA Studio Application Development
This includes SAP HANA native application development tools like XS and UI5 tools.
SAP HANA Studio Environments
Once you select the required features or toolset, there is an environment created in software for you to work in. Based on the features and perspective that you select, there can be several environments created as named below.
- Information modeling
- Data provisioning
- SAP HANA Database Administration
SAP HANA Studio Installation Process
You can download and install SAP HANA Studio from the SAP Download Center inside the SAP HANA add-ons. It contains different perspectives which you can choose to work on. Some commonly used perspectives are,
- SAP HANA Administration Console
- SAP HANA Modeler
- Application Development
- Lifecycle Management
- SAP HANA Development
- BW Modeling
Download & Installation Process
If we select SAP HANA Administration Console, it appears as shown below.
You can change to another perspective from the “Open Perspective” icon given at the top right.
We have changed the perspective from SAP HANA Administrative Console to SAP HANA Modeler.
Also, a list of perspectives opens from the icon which you can choose the perspective of your choice. Each perspective is used for a specific purpose i.e. to perform a certain operation on the data and the database.
Another way to access the list of existing perspectives is, open the tab Window, then select Perspective, then click on Open Perspective, and then go to Other… to access the entire list of available perspectives.
On the top right corner of a perspective window, you get icons for quick access of some perspectives such as SAP HANA Administration Console, SAP HANA Modeler, ABAP, and BW Modeler (from left to right).
If you wish to reset the currently selected perspective to default, then do as shown in the image.
To add a database system in SAP HANA Studio right-click on anywhere on the section is given at the left. Select Add System.
Then enter the system details like hostname, instance number, and description.
Next, add the connection credentials like username and password.
The system gets added and all the details and sub-folders are added in the section. You can log in and off the system by right-clicking on the system’s name. Also, you can expand all the options for security, provisioning, content, catalogue etc., and drill down the folders to access and manage data.