- SAP HANA
- Features of SAP HANA
- Advantages and Disadvantages of SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Architecture
- SAP HANA Use Cases
- SAP Hana Installation
- SAP Hana Studio
- SAP HANA Studio Administration Console
- How to Use SAP HANA System Monitor
- How to Use SAP HANA on Azure
- SAP HANA Modeling – Attributes, Measures, Privileges, Modeling Objects
- Data Warehousing in SAP HANA – Components, Methods, Working & Benefits
- SAP HANA Attribute View – Create Attribute View in 9 Easy Steps
- SAP HANA Analytic View
- SAP HANA Calculation View
- Tables in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Packages
- Schema in SAP HANA
- How to Create Analytic Privileges in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Information Composer
- Import and Export in SAP HANA
- Major Components of SAP HANA
- Reporting in SAP HANA
- SAP Bussiness Objects Reporting Tool
- create relational connection in sap hana in 8 steps/
- steps to create olap connection in sap hana/
- How to Connect SAP Lumira with SAP HANA
- Connect Dashboard Designer to SAP HANA & Create Stunning Dashboards
- How to Connect Web Intelligence to SAP HANA in 4 Ways – Seamless Process
- Replication Modes and Types in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Sidecar Scenario
- SAP HANA Security Guide
- SAP HANA License Management
- Difference between SAP HANA vs SAP S/4 HANA
- What is SAP S/4 HANA?
- S/4HANA Editions
- SAP S/4HANA Lines of Business
- >SAP S/4HANA Deployment Options
- >SAP S/4HANA Overview
- >Introduction of SAP ABAP
- >Overview of SAP ABAP
- >SAP R3 ARCHITECTURE
- >SAP Data Dictionary
- >SAP ABAB Views
- >SAP ABAB database Tables
- >ABAP Constants & Literals
- >ABAP Constants & Literals
- >Types of Tables in SAP
- >Sap Data Object
- >Internal Tables and Work areas
- >Internal Table Operations in SAP ABAP
- >ABAP Report uses Internal tables and Work Areas
- >Select single and Select up to 1 rows
- >Modularization Techniques
- >Techniques of debugging
- >Types Subroutines
- >Reports of Sap Abap
- >Using At Selection Screen Output
- >Select Statements
- >Function Modules
- >Modularization Techniques 2/
- >Subroutines In Sap Abap/
- >Report Of Sap Abap 2
- >Using At Selection Screen Output 2
- >Interactive Reports
- >Interactive Reports Development
- >Interactive Report Using Hide Technique
- >Interactive Report Using Get Cursor Technique
- >Tree List Report
- >Abap Alv Reports/
- >Sap scripts/
- >Purchase Order SAP Script/
- >SAP Smartforms/
- >What is BDC in SAP ? Types of BDC ?/
- >BDC Call transaction for Material Master MM01/
- >SD flow with T-Codes and tables/
- >Introduction to module pool programming in SAP/
- >Functional Specification/
- >ASAP methodology SAP
- >ABAP Development end to end process in Companies
- >SAP SD Sales and Distribution
- Accounting Entries in SAP FICO
- Define Company in SAP
- Creating new companies
- Assign Company Code
- Business Area
- Functional Area
- Credit Control Area in SAP
- Financial Management in SAP
- Segments in SAP
- SAP Enterprise Structure
- General Ledger Accounting
- Fiscal Year Variant in sap
- Posting Period Variants in SAP
- Posting Period Variant to Company Code
- How to Assign company code to field status variants in SAP
- Posting Keys in SAP
- Tolerance Group for Employees in SAP
- Tolerance Groups For G/L Accounts
- Assign Users to Tolerance Groups in SAP
- Enter Global Parameters for Company Code OBY6
- Define Additional Local Currencies for Company code in SAP System
- Chart of Accounts in FICO
- Assign Company Code to Chart of Accounts in SAP
- How to Create G/L Account Group in SAP
- Define Sample Account Rule Types in SAP
- Data Transfer Rules
- Convolutional and recurrent neural network
- Assign company code to rule type in sap
- Create sample account in sap
- Accounting entries in sap fico sap accounting postings
- Financial statement versions in sap
- TAX Check Calculation Procedure in SAP
- Define New Condition types for Taxes
- How to Assign Country to Calculation Procedure
- Specify Structure for Tax jurisdiction code
- How to Create tax codes in SAP – FTXP "FI"
- Assign Tax Codes for Non-Taxable Transactions in SAP FI
- Define Tax Calculation Procedure for GST in SAP"FI"
- Assign Tax Calculation Procedure to Country in SAP for GST"FI"
- Define Access Sequence in SAP for GST"FI"
- Define Condition Types in SAP for GST"FI"
- How to create customer account groups in sap
- How to create number ranges for customer accounts
- Assign number ranges to customer account groups
- How to Assign Number Ranges to Vendor Account Groups in SAP F1
- How to Create Sundry Creditors GL Account in SAP FI
- How to Define Tolerance group for vendors /Customers
- How to Create Vendor Master Data
- Automatic Payment Program Configuration Steps SAP FI
- Create Vendor Account Groups in SAP
- How to Create Number Ranges for Vendor Accounts in SAP
- Maintain terms of payment SAP
- How to Create Customer master data by XD01
- How to Define Dunning Procedures in SAP
- Copy Reference Chart of Depreciation in SAP
- Assign Chart of Depreciation to Company code in SAP
- Specify account determination asset accountng
- How to create screen layout rules asset accounting
- SAP FI: Create Screen Layout Rules
- SAP FI: Maintain Asset Number Ranges – AS08
- Create Investment Program Types in SAP
- Investment profiles
- How to Investment Program Types to Operative objects in SAP
SAP HANA Sidecar Scenario
After completing data compression techniques in SAP HANA, we will move forward to learn a more complex topic; SAP HANA Sidecar. What comes to your mind, when you see the word sidecar? A cocktail filled glass? Well sorry, but this tutorial does not have any connection with that cocktail.
The concept of SAP HANA Sidecar is as catchy as its name. So, without wasting any time, let’s start our tutorial.
SAP HANA Sidecar Overview
SAP HANA Sidecar is an SAP HANA platform serving as a secondary database and computing platform to an already existing system with its own traditional database.
Its approach uses SAP HANA system for storage and computational capabilities to carry out operations related to the data and database objects of other systems.
Primarily, SAP ECC (SAP ERP Central Component) system uses SAP HANA Sidecar as a secondary database. The traditional database replicates its data into the SAP HANA database from the SAP ECC systems.
The replicated data is read directly from the HANA database via a secondary database connection that is established to run reports in the SAP ECC system.
SAP HANA Sidecar Architecture
As you can see in the simple illustration of SAP HANA Sidecar’s architecture, it involves some basic elements.
The SAP Business Suite or SAP ECC system stores its business modules and complete data set into a traditional database. Now, SLT (SAP Landscape Transformation) tool replicates these module objects or data tables into the SAP HANA system serving as the Sidecar.
The SLT tool is capable of doing real-time data replication.
Once, the data replicates into SAP HANA database with the help of SLT, reports running on SAP ECC system can read data directly from SAP HANA database (via a secondary database connection), instead of processing it from the traditional database.
In addition to this, other BI and reporting tools can also use this data for analytical and reporting purposes.
Use Cases of SAP HANA Sidecar
Below are the four important use cases of SAP HANA Sidecar:
- SAP ECC system is a part of SAP Business Suit and contains business-related modules such as profitability analysis module, sales, purchasing, COPA, material analysis, etc. We replicate the data from these modules into the SAP HANA system. Now, instead of reading data from traditional databases which are generally slow, SAP ECC system users read data from HANA database for reporting purposes as it is quick by virtue of its in-memory database.
- The logics created for reporting in SAP ECC can be tried first on SAP HANA’s native modeling tools like SAP HANA Information Modeler.
- We can test SAP HANA as a tool to decide to buy a full-service version of it and make SAP HANA their primary database. Using SAP HANA Sidecar as a secondary database allows the customer to assess its performance and capabilities. Upon realizing a performance improvement, customers buy a full-fledged enterprise version of SAP HANA. Then, replicate their entire database on it to make it fully operational.
- We can also create reports from the SAP Business Objects reporting tools utilizing the models created on SAP HANA before using them on SAP ECC.
Limitations of SAP HANA Sidecar
Besides all the advantages and applications of SAP HANA Sidecar, there are a few limitations of this approach:
- It requires SLT whenever we need a change or update in the HANA database. Also, there is a limitation of the requirement of real-time data loading with SAP HANA Sidecar.
- We can load data into the SAP HANA database only from other databases using either ABAP custom code or SLT or Data Service tool.
- Custom ABAP programs are necessary to avail HANA capabilities as these programs are performance optimized on SAP HANA. The ABAP programs are must for data retrieval, data updates, data insertion, etc., as we optimize them to run SQLSCRIPTS.
- HANA hardware requirements demand to have SUSE LINUX SP11.