- SAP HANA
- Features of SAP HANA
- Advantages and Disadvantages of SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Architecture
- SAP HANA Use Cases
- SAP Hana Installation
- SAP Hana Studio
- SAP HANA Studio Administration Console
- How to Use SAP HANA System Monitor
- How to Use SAP HANA on Azure
- SAP HANA Modeling – Attributes, Measures, Privileges, Modeling Objects
- Data Warehousing in SAP HANA – Components, Methods, Working & Benefits
- SAP HANA Attribute View – Create Attribute View in 9 Easy Steps
- SAP HANA Analytic View
- SAP HANA Calculation View
- Tables in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Packages
- Schema in SAP HANA
- How to Create Analytic Privileges in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Information Composer
- Import and Export in SAP HANA
- Major Components of SAP HANA
- Reporting in SAP HANA
- SAP Bussiness Objects Reporting Tool
- create relational connection in sap hana in 8 steps/
- steps to create olap connection in sap hana/
- How to Connect SAP Lumira with SAP HANA
- Connect Dashboard Designer to SAP HANA & Create Stunning Dashboards
- How to Connect Web Intelligence to SAP HANA in 4 Ways – Seamless Process
- Replication Modes and Types in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Sidecar Scenario
- SAP HANA Security Guide
- SAP HANA License Management
- Difference between SAP HANA vs SAP S/4 HANA
- What is SAP S/4 HANA?
- S/4HANA Editions
- SAP S/4HANA Lines of Business
- >SAP S/4HANA Deployment Options
- >SAP S/4HANA Overview
- >Introduction of SAP ABAP
- >Overview of SAP ABAP
- >SAP R3 ARCHITECTURE
- >SAP Data Dictionary
- >SAP ABAB Views
- >SAP ABAB database Tables
- >ABAP Constants & Literals
- >ABAP Constants & Literals
- >Types of Tables in SAP
- >Sap Data Object
- >Internal Tables and Work areas
- >Internal Table Operations in SAP ABAP
- >ABAP Report uses Internal tables and Work Areas
- >Select single and Select up to 1 rows
- >Modularization Techniques
- >Techniques of debugging
- >Types Subroutines
- >Reports of Sap Abap
- >Using At Selection Screen Output
- >Select Statements
- >Function Modules
- >Modularization Techniques 2/
- >Subroutines In Sap Abap/
- >Report Of Sap Abap 2
- >Using At Selection Screen Output 2
- >Interactive Reports
- >Interactive Reports Development
- >Interactive Report Using Hide Technique
- >Interactive Report Using Get Cursor Technique
- >Tree List Report
- >Abap Alv Reports/
- >Sap scripts/
- >Purchase Order SAP Script/
- >SAP Smartforms/
- >What is BDC in SAP ? Types of BDC ?/
- >BDC Call transaction for Material Master MM01/
- >SD flow with T-Codes and tables/
- >Introduction to module pool programming in SAP/
- >Functional Specification/
- >ASAP methodology SAP
- >ABAP Development end to end process in Companies
- >SAP SD Sales and Distribution
- Accounting Entries in SAP FICO
- Define Company in SAP
- Creating new companies
- Assign Company Code
- Business Area
- Functional Area
- Credit Control Area in SAP
- Financial Management in SAP
- Segments in SAP
- SAP Enterprise Structure
- General Ledger Accounting
- Fiscal Year Variant in sap
- Posting Period Variants in SAP
- Posting Period Variant to Company Code
- How to Assign company code to field status variants in SAP
- Posting Keys in SAP
- Tolerance Group for Employees in SAP
- Tolerance Groups For G/L Accounts
- Assign Users to Tolerance Groups in SAP
- Enter Global Parameters for Company Code OBY6
- Define Additional Local Currencies for Company code in SAP System
- Chart of Accounts in FICO
- Assign Company Code to Chart of Accounts in SAP
- How to Create G/L Account Group in SAP
- Define Sample Account Rule Types in SAP
- Data Transfer Rules
- Convolutional and recurrent neural network
- Assign company code to rule type in sap
- Create sample account in sap
- Accounting entries in sap fico sap accounting postings
- Financial statement versions in sap
SAP HANA License Management
In SAP HANA, every user must have a license key, whether temporary or eventually a permanent one to be able to use SAP HANA system and its database.
For the users who wish to incorporate HANA system in their enterprise functioning, they must purchase a permanent license key according to their business needs. SAP offers different license models for different business scenarios and requirements.
The license models are SAP HANA Stand-alone, SAP HANA Cloud, SAP Business Suite, SAP NetWeaver BW, etc. If you use SAP HANA on a temporary license, then your HANA system will get locked down after license’s expiration till the time you get and install a permanent license in it.
Different Types of License Keys in SAP HANA
Now, let’s learn about the different types of license keys used in SAP HANA. Previously, in the SAP HANA License Management tutorial, we learned about managing licenses in SAP HANA Studio. This tutorial mainly focuses on the types of license keys in SAP HANA.
Types of License Keys in SAP HANA
The license keys used in the SAP HANA system are broadly classified into two types; Temporary license and Permanent license.
Temporary License Key
A temporary license or license key is installed by default when the SAP HANA database is installed initially. This license key stays valid only for 90 days.
The temporary license expires locking your HANA system. We recommend you to request for a permanent license key from the SAP marketplace before the temporary license key expires.
One major benefit of using a temporary license is that a user will get the full functionality of the SAP HANA system database. Although, the services will only last for 90 days.
Along with this, using SAP HANA on a temporary license allows first-time users to test the software’s capabilities and suitability as per their requirements. This also avoids complex installation procedures and permissions as they are necessary in case of a permanent license.
Permanent License Key
A permanent license is granted to a user upon requesting for it explicitly from SAP Market place. The permanent license is valid for the predefined period and comes with a predefined expiration date.
Once a permanent license is expired, a temporary license key is installed again for 28 days. You must request a new permanent license in the meanwhile.
We recommend you to request your permanent license before the grace period (28 days) expires otherwise your system will get lock down. You will have to purchase a new permanent license key if the system locks down.
You can check your type of permanent license by executing the below SQL query:
SELECT EXPIRATION_DATE,ENFORCED,PERMANENT,LOCKED_DOWN FROM “SYS”.”M_LICENSE”;
A permanent license is of two types; Unenforced license key and enforced license key. These two types of permanent license keys differ on the basis of their reaction to an exceeding usage of database or memory than what is permitted.
2.1. Unenforced License Key
In the case of having an unenforced license key, if you exceed the memory usage limit of the SAP HANA system, there will be no effect on the HANA system. The system will not lock down, instead, the user will receive a memory over usage message warning.
Suppose, if you have a license for using 1 TB memory, but you have used more than that, then you will only get a warning message for the exceeding usage of HANA memory.
2.2. Enforced license key
As opposed to the unenforced license key, the enforced license key locks a HANA system if the user exceeds the licensed memory usage. In this case, the user needs to restart the system and request for a new permanent license for installation with the same or extended memory usage limit.