- SAP HANA
- Features of SAP HANA
- Advantages and Disadvantages of SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Architecture
- SAP HANA Use Cases
- SAP Hana Installation
- SAP Hana Studio
- SAP HANA Studio Administration Console
- How to Use SAP HANA System Monitor
- How to Use SAP HANA on Azure
- SAP HANA Modeling – Attributes, Measures, Privileges, Modeling Objects
- Data Warehousing in SAP HANA – Components, Methods, Working & Benefits
- SAP HANA Attribute View – Create Attribute View in 9 Easy Steps
- SAP HANA Analytic View
- SAP HANA Calculation View
- Tables in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Packages
- Schema in SAP HANA
- How to Create Analytic Privileges in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Information Composer
- Import and Export in SAP HANA
- Major Components of SAP HANA
- Reporting in SAP HANA
- SAP Bussiness Objects Reporting Tool
- create relational connection in sap hana in 8 steps/
- steps to create olap connection in sap hana/
- How to Connect SAP Lumira with SAP HANA
- Connect Dashboard Designer to SAP HANA & Create Stunning Dashboards
- How to Connect Web Intelligence to SAP HANA in 4 Ways – Seamless Process
- Replication Modes and Types in SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Sidecar Scenario
- SAP HANA Security Guide
- SAP HANA License Management
- Difference between SAP HANA vs SAP S/4 HANA
- What is SAP S/4 HANA?
- S/4HANA Editions
- SAP S/4HANA Lines of Business
- >SAP S/4HANA Deployment Options
- >SAP S/4HANA Overview
- >Introduction of SAP ABAP
- >Overview of SAP ABAP
- >SAP R3 ARCHITECTURE
- >SAP Data Dictionary
- >SAP ABAB Views
- >SAP ABAB database Tables
SAP ABAP Views
ABAP views in data dictionary are logical data sets which contain data extracted on one or more tables as a single entity. A view on one or more tables refer as the data from a view is not stored in physically manner as the data being derived from one or more tables. It is a time consuming process to extract the data from several tables, in order to simplify the process and increase efficiency of code, you can define a view in SAP ABAP dictionary.
Types of ABAP Views
- Database view
- Projection view
- Help view
- Maintenance view
Database view is a view created on two or more tables using inner join concepts. In database view, you cannot maintain the data and you can only read the data.
A project view is a view created on single table. Project views are mainly used to minimize the database interface and improve the performance of system. You can maintain the data in project view. This view supports insert, update, delete and select operators.
A view is created on two or more tables using outer join concepts is called as help view. You can not execute help views directly, instead you have to include help views inside the search helps. It provides help functionary F4 for an input field.
Maintenance views are used in SAP for internal purpose. It helps in creating the maintenance data and the data can be distributed into several tables. In real time we do not create maintenance views because the data multiple tables leads to inconsistency.
If you need to extract the data from different tables with desired fields, then you need to create a view of the required fields.
You can create ABAP views using transaction code “SE11”.