- Salesforce Introduction
- Salesforce Agenda
- Salesforce- CLOUD COMPUTING
- Salesforce CRM
- UDD- The UNIVERSAL DATA DICTIONARY
- SALESFORCE MULTITENANT ARCHITECTURE
- SALESFORCE SERVICE CLOUD
- Metadata in Salesforce
- SALESFORCE CRM (customer relationship management)
- SALESFORCE SECURITY MODEL
- Data management Using Data Loader
Salesforce Interview Q & A
Data management Using Data Loader
Data loader is a third party application, as it is client application for the import and export of data.
So as after configuration, testing etc. after all the process if you have bulk data in form of spreadsheet or Excel file or in any third party application from where you want to take all those data and then import it into Salesforce or other way around. Like you have data in Salesforce and you want to export it out of Salesforce and use it in somewhere else maybe preparing some report or putting it in another third-party application for different purposes so for all that bulk import or export you can use data loader. It is a client application.
- It is used to insert, update, delete or export the records so these are different functions which you can perform on data in data loaders. You can insert new data, you can update existing data, delete the data or you can export from the Salesforce.
- So, when importing the data, the data loader reads as well as extracts the data and loads it from csv files or DB connections.
- There are two ways from which you can import data using data loader-: Using ‘csv’ files, these are common separated files, it’s like a spreadsheet only but then the format should by csv, so the data loader read the data from there it will extract and it will load the data into Salesforce or if there is any database connection already setup to any other third party application so from there also data loader can import the data into Salesforce.
- When exporting data it output csv files so similar to the import when you are exporting data from Salesforce you will get the csv file format data loader can be used in two different ways either you can have its user interface and you can use that user interface and there’s another option of command line so using the command line also you can give different commands and use data loader.
Learn More About Salesforce Tutorial.
You can use the settings menu to change the data loader default operation setting so what is different setting you have in data loader so there are like some default setting if you want to change some of those settings then you can use the settings menu which are there in the data loader application so using that particular menu you can basically change the data loader default operation setting and then operation setting and then you should use data loader so you when you have like you need to load more than 50,000 records up to 5 million your cards so if you have less than 50000 record there is something called data import wizard in Salesforce which is present in Salesforce itself it is you can use the data import wizard from within Salesforce and you can get it from the setup menu so from there you can import the data if the data is less than 50000 records and if it is more than 50000 and up to 5 million then you can use data loader in that case when else you can use data loader to load into an object that is not yet supported by the import hazards so in the data import wizard along with the data limitation of 50000 records there is some limitation where a few objects that are not supported in the data import result so if you want to export or import data in those kind of object then you should go for data loader and if you want to schedule regular data loads such as nightly imports, so if you want to schedule some data import export then you have to basically use data loader because that scheduling option is not present in data import wizard and to export data for backup purposes and if you want to export data for backup purposes or any kind of purposes, if you want to export data from Salesforce then also you have to use data router because data import wizard is only for importing data but not exporting data. To export data for backup purposes you have to use the data loader. So theses are different use cases when you have to use data loader so whenever you are deciding about importing or loading object loading records and Salesforce you have to consider few things like-:
Less than 50,000 go for data import wizard. If there are some objects which are not supported by data import wizard and the record number is also more than 50000 and up to 5 million then go for data loader and to export anyways you have to go for data loader because data import doesn’t support export functionality. If you want to schedule regular data loads then also you have to use the data loader.
Now to know more about the data loader- log into Salesforce and search for data loader and then you see the data loader.
In data loader you will see different downloading links. Download your data loader from there according to your operating system. Along with data loader, once you download the data loader go to AZUL, there is option of download Zulu. Click on ‘download Zulu’ and download according to your operating system. So along with Data loader also downloads Zulu. After downloading and installation open the data loader from your application where you have install it in your system. So open the data loader and you can see different functionalities like you can insert the record, update the existing records etc. and use the functionalities accordingly.
Enroll Yourself in Live Classes For Cloud Coumputing Training in Gurgaon.